Wags for Wellness 5K
Support the UW-Madison School of
+ CHANCE TO WIN AWESOME PRIZES!
Wags for Wellness is a 5k run/walk to promote wellness among health care professionals, specifically raising awareness about the issues of depression, mental health, and suicide. Health care professionals experience severe mental illness or feelings of hopelessness at two to three times the national average, with 1 out of every 6 veterinarians considering suicide. Money generated from this event will go toward supporting the students at the University of Wisconsin, School of Veterinary Medicine.
Here are the steps to participate:
1) Purchase your $20 ticket on the Wags for Wellness runsignup site to qualify for prizes, a t-shirt, and grab bag items from sponsors
2) During the week of the race, use Kilter Rewards to complete your desired activity (Choices include: 2+ miles walking or running, 5+ miles biking, 10,000+ steps, 30+ minutes total activity, 30+ minute gym workout, 500+ meters swimming, or Manual Activity Uploads) in at least one day to enable you to receive your race t-shirt & grab bag with items from our sponsors
3) Complete activities multiple days during race week (Saturday, April 18th- Saturday, April 25th) to compete on the live leaderboard to qualify for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place prizes!
4) ADDITIONAL PRIZE OPPORTUNITIES! Post a picture of yourself completing an activity to social media using #WagsForWellness and #DonateYourHustle to be entered to win a prize!
5) ADDITIONAL DONATION OPPORTUNITY! Feeling the love? Click on the charity card on the leaderboard for an option to make an additional donation to support UW-Madison School of Veterinary Medicine. Every dollar counts!
Event Start Date: Saturday, April 18, 2020
Event End Date: Saturday, April 25, 2020
Entry Fee: $20.00
Online Registration ($17.50 + $2.50 processing fee)
All participants will receive a race t-shirt & donor-filled grab bag
The top 4 competitors will win one or more of the following prizes:
- Free Slices of Ian’s Pizza in Madison, WI (qty. 5)
- Free Scopes of ice cream at Calliope Ice Cream in Madison, WI (qty. 2)
- Hydracare Backpacks donated by Purina (awesome for hiking)! (qty. 4)
- Lunchboxes donated by Elancho (qty. 4)
- $25 Gift Card to Movin’ Shoes Madison
- Amazon Gift Cards (of various values) (qty. tbd)
- $50 Gift Card to West Towne Veterinary Center in Madison, WI (qty. 5)
The top 30 competitors will win a pet fitness tracker donated by BabelBark & West Towne Veterinary Care!
Social Media Prizes: One social media post winner will receive a Badger pet basket courtesy of Bivvy Pet Insurance (including a Bucky Badger squeaky dog toy, a Wisconsin Badger’s pet collar, a hot dog squeaky toy, and a large box of Milk Bone dog treats!
*In the event of a tie, individual prizes will be a raffle drawing.
Complete at least 1 activity between Saturday, April 18 and Saturday, April 25 to qualify for Wags for Wellness event t-shirt and sponsor grab bag from sponsors. Compete on Kilter Rewards live leaderboard for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes!
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
2 day streak: 25 points
4 day streak: 50 points
7 day streak: 100 points
15 day streak: 200 points
30 day streak: 450 points
Wednesdays = Go the Extra Mile!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following:
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.