Support Breast Cancer Alliance and Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the
Get Fit For Hope Challenge (Pre-Event Campaign)
Start: July 4, 2020
End: September 30, 2020
Entry Fee: $5
Your entry fee grants you access to the pre-event campaign. You will be sent a discount to join the October challenge for $20 instead of $25 prior to the event.
This pre- Breast Cancer Awareness month challenge event is open to any one who has paid an entry fee for the Get Fit For Hope Challenge in October. Use this time to get used to the Kilter Rewards app and build your team!
HOW TO JOIN:
2) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE SIGN IN (top right)
3) GO TO THE EVENTS TAB > MY EVENTS (you're already registered!)
4) COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE AND CONNECT YOUR DEVICES
5) GET USED TO KILTER REWARDS AND BUILD YOUR TEAM!
6) (Optional) Start raising money now!
- Get a head start for your team in the October challenge! Earn and make donations to Breast Cancer Alliance by utilizing the individual donation function and the peer-to-peer feature (choose GET DONATIONS in the event to ask your friends and family to support your personal wellness goal and team fundraising goal for BCA all at once!)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily wellness activities to earn points for your personal score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). Stay on top of the leaderboard for bragging rights!
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, or Strava to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - Ignite encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate" under My Stats. Choose any amount you want to contribute!
2. Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
*Any funds earned or raised during this event will be applied towards your personal and team fundraising goal in October!
There are no prizes available in this event. However, any money you raise during this lead-up event will go towards your personal and team fundraising total during the October Get Fit For Hope Challenge!
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Every 5 days in a row = +100 Points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count for this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.