Stay active, healthy, and support the next generation of University of Wisconsin Badger students
2020 Virtual Wellness & Fundraising Challenge for UW-Madison Alumni Chapters!
Stay connected & active with your Badger alumni community, even when we can't physically come together, and participate in this FREE virtual fitness fundraising event for your local UW-Madison alumni chapter!
During this event, powered by Kilter Rewards, earn points for completing daily healthy activities, help contribute to your chapter's scholarship fund, and be entered to win prizes offered by your chapter!
This event is OPEN to the public. Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join you as you keep each other motivated to be healthy, active, and support the next generation of UW Badgers!
HOW TO JOIN:
1) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE JOIN EVENT & CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
3) CHOOSE THE UW-MADISON ALUMNI CHALLENGE
4) CHOOSE YOUR TEAM
4) YOU'RE IN!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily fitness activities to earn points for your personal and team score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). The winning chapter will gain UW-Madison alumni-wide bragging rights!
2) PRIZE OPPORTUNITIES: See the Prizes Tab for details on prizes offered by your chapter. Post a picture of yourself completing an activity to social media using #DonateYourHustle for a chance to win a Donate Your Hustle t-shirt from Kilter Rewards.
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, or UnderArmour Record (MapMyRun) to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - your UW Alum chapter encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate" next to your chapter's charity card. Choose any amount you want to contribute! You can also donate by clicking here!
2. (Coming soon) Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
Event Start Date: Monday, May 25, 2020
Event End Date: Friday, July 31, 2020
Entry Fee: FREE
Be entered to win the following raffle prizes for earning at least 4500 individual points and contributing at least $50 to your chapter. All funds raised on Kilter will go to support the next generation of UW Badgers.
Check back soon for info on prizes offered by your chapter!
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Streak Bonuses = up to +175 Points per week!
2 day streak: 25 points
4 day streak: 50 points
7 day streak: 100 points
15 day streak: 200 points
30 day streak: 450 points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count towards this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.