Town of RiverheadVirtual Fitness Challenge
Start: July 1, 2020
End: August 31, 2020
Entry Fee: $20
Participate in this 60-day virtual fitness fundraising event with your fellow Riverhead community members! Whether you run, spin, swim or do another exercise of your choice, do something healthy for yourself while supporting our local community. Compete to earn points for completing daily wellness goals, and achieve fundraising goals. Funds raised in this event will help send kids to our camps and rec programs for free!
Fundraising Goal: $2,000
Help reach a community goal of $2,000, which will allow us to send 10 kids to camp or a recreation program for free!
PRIZES (Top Points & Raffle)
- Bayview Market & Farms Gift Card
- The Lighthouse Market Gift Card
- Snowflake Ice Cream Shoppe Gift Card
- Spicy's Gift Card
- Star Confectionary Gift Card
- Bean & Bagel Cafe Gift Card
- Riverhead Ciderhouse Gift Card
HOW TO JOIN:
2) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE SIGN IN (top right)
3) GO TO THE EVENTS TAB > MY EVENTS (you're already registered!)
4) COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE AND CONNECT YOUR DEVICES
5) COMPETE TO WIN, RAISE MONEY, AND HAVE FUN!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily wellness activities to earn points for your personal score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). Stay on top of the leaderboard for your shot to win prizes!
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, or UnderArmour Record (MapMyRun) to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - PCOSAA encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate." Choose any amount you want to contribute! You can also donate by clicking here!
2. Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
THANK YOU FOR JOINING THIS EVENT. GOOD LUCK! #DONATEYOURHUSTLE
TBD - the top point earners and the top fundraisers will win awesome prizes, sponsored by the Riverhead Rec Department and our generous sponsors!
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Every 5 days in a row = +100 Points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count for this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.