Susan G. Komen Nevada MORE THAN PINK Wellness Challenge
Start: July 13, 2020
End: September 30, 2020
Entry Fee: FREE
Compete with Susan G. Komen Nevada in this free wellness challenge, and help raise essential breast cancer funding in this event hosted by Kilter Rewards! Whether you run, spin, swim or do another exercise of your choice, do something healthy for yourself while supporting Komen Nevada leading up to the 2020 MORE THAN PINK walk. Compete as an individual or on a team, earn points for completing daily wellness goals, and achieve fundraising goals.
Who can participate?
- Anyone already registered on a team for the MORE THAN PINK Reno event
- Anyone already registered on a team for the MORE THAN PINK Las Vegas event
- Anyone that wants to register a team for either of the above events
- Anyone that wants to support Susan G. Komen Nevada - no team necessary!
Already have a team? Great! Follow the steps below to download the app, join the event, and join your team. It's already set up for you!
Don't have a team but want to support the cause? Great! Follow the steps below, download the app, join the event, choose choose one of the teams that ends with (No Team).
Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join the mission save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer, as you keep each other motivated to be healthy and active.
The top point earners and top fundraisers will win some awesome prizes provided by Komen Nevada and our generous sponsors. See the prize tab for more details.
HOW TO JOIN:
1) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE JOIN EVENT & CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
3) CHOOSE THE SUSAN G. KOMEN NEVADA EVENT > CHOOSE YOUR TEAM
4) YOU'RE IN!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily fitness activities to earn points for your personal score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). Stay on top of the leaderboard for your shot to win prizes!
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, or Google FIt to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - Komen Nevada encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate." Choose any amount you want to contribute! You can also donate by clicking here!
2. Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
The top point earners and top fundraisers will win some awesome prizes provided by Komen Nevada and our generous sponsors.
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Every 5 days in a row = +100 Points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count for this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.