Recovery on Water Young Associates Board Virtual Fitness & Fundraising Challenge
Start: August 1, 2020
End: August 31, 2020
Entry Fee: $10
*90% of your entry goes directly to support Recovery on Water.
During this virtual fitness fundraising event hosted by Recovery On Water and powered by Kilter Rewards, compete on teams with the ROW Young Associates to earn the top wellness score and hit your personal and team fundraising goals, all to support Recovery On Water's mission to give breast cancer patients and survivors the unique opportunity to interact, become active in their recovery, and gain support from their peers!
In this event, earn points every day for your team by completing exercise activities via connected fitness trackers, gym check ins, or manually recording your achievements. Raise funds for ROW and your team via Kilter by making personal contributions and recruiting your friends, family, and colleagues to support your fitness goals with donations of their own. 100% funds raised on Kilter will be donated to ROW
This event is OPEN to the public. Join a team to support and compete with one of Recovery on Water's Young Associate Board Members!
Top 3 Point Earners:
HOW TO JOIN:
1) REGISTER & PAY HERE - CHOOSE YOUR TEAM!
- 90% of your entry fee supports ROW and the event prize pool!
2) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE SIGN IN (top right)
3) GO TO THE EVENTS TAB > MY EVENTS (you're already registered!)
4) COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE AND CONNECT YOUR DEVICES
5) COMPETE TO WIN, RAISE MONEY, AND HAVE FUN!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily wellness activities to earn points for your personal score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). Stay on top of the leaderboard for your shot to win prizes!
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, or Strava to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - ROW encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate." Choose any amount you want to contribute! You can also donate by clicking here!
2. Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
Top 3 Point Earners:
Top 3 Fundraisers:
Anyone who earns at least 1500 points and/or raises at least $100 will receive TBD.
Anyone who earns at least 3000 points and/or raises at least $300 will receive TBD.
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Every 5 days in a row = +100 Points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count for this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.