Los Angeles LGBT Center Wellness Campaign
Start: August 1, 2020
End: April 30, 2021
Entry Fee: FREE
Help Los Angeles LGBT Center as a marathon runner for the LA marathon, participant for the LA Big 5K, or simply as an individual supporter to raise essential funding for our organization that is broadly committed to social justice and that has led the fight for the most vulnerable within our diverse LGBT community. Whether you run, spin, swim or do another exercise of your choice, do something healthy for yourself every day while supporting Los Angeles LGBT Center leading up to (and following) the 2021 LA Marathon and LA Big 5K.
If you're an individual participant, simply use Kilter to earn points for completing daily wellness goals and help us achieve our total fundraising goal.
If you're one of our marathon runners or LA Big 5K participants, use Kilter as your training tool and supplemental fundraising tool! All funds raised on Kilter will be applied to your Classy fundraising totals! To learn more about how this works, reach out to your Los Angeles LGBT Center representative.
This event is OPEN to the public. Whether you're an individual participant, a marathon runner, or a 5K participant, we encourage you to join this event and to invite your friends, family and colleagues to join in on the action!
The top point earners and top fundraisers may win some awesome prizes provided by Los Angeles LGBT Center and our generous sponsors. See the prize tab for more details.
HOW TO JOIN:
1) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE JOIN EVENT & CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
3) CHOOSE THE LA LGBT CENTER WELLNESS EVENT
4) YOU'RE IN!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily fitness activities to earn points for your personal score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). Stay on top of the leaderboard for your shot to win prizes!
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, or Google FIt to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - Los AngelesLGBT Center encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate." Choose any amount you want to contribute! You can also donate by clicking here!
2. Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
The top point earners and top fundraisers may win some awesome prizes provided by LA LGBT Center and our generous sponsors.
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Every 5 days in a row = +100 Points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count for this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.