Support Breast Cancer Alliance and Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the
Get Fit For Hope Challenge
Start: October 1, 2020
End: October 31, 2020
Entry Fee: $25
During this 30-day fitness fundraising event, you'll help BCA raise essential funding to support the mission to improve survival rates and quality of life for those impacted by breast cancer through better prevention, early detection, treatment and cure. Whether you stay run, spin, swim or do other exercise of your choice, do something healthy for yourself while supporting Breast Cancer Alliance during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Compete as an individual or on a team, earn points for completing daily wellness goals, and achieve fundraising goals.
This event is OPEN to the public. Invite your friends, family and colleagues to join you as you keep each other motivated to be healthy and active.
HOW TO JOIN:
2) DOWNLOAD THE FREE KILTER REWARDS APP
2) CHOOSE SIGN IN (top right)
3) GO TO THE EVENTS TAB > MY EVENTS (you're already registered!)
4) COMPLETE YOUR PROFILE AND CONNECT YOUR DEVICES
5) COMPETE FOR THE HIGHEST WELLNESS AND FUNDRAISING TOTALS!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
1) During the event, complete daily wellness activities to earn points for your personal and team scores on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count). Stay on top of the leaderboard for bragging rights and your chance to win awesome prizes!
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, or Strava to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Check into Gyms & Fitness studios - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the gym check in function. When you're within a 400 ft radius of your gym, you'll be able to check in! Gym not there? Click the Add Gym button and send us your gym name and address. It will be added within 48 hours. *Note - Breast Cancer Alliance encourages safe fitness and activity. Do not go to your gym or studio if it is unsafe to do so.
3) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
HOW TO RAISE MONEY:
1. Go to the Charities tab of the event in the app and click "Donate" under My Stats. Choose any amount you want to contribute!
2. Use the peer-to-peer function and ask your friends or family to support your own fitness goals by pledging to donate on your behalf! Click GET DONATIONS from the event in the app to get started!
Top 3 Point Earners:
Top 3 Fundraisers:
Anyone who earns at least 1500 points and/or raises at least $100 will receive TBD.
Anyone who earns at least 3000 points and/or raises at least $300 will receive TBD.
What daily activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Gym: 30+ Minutes
- Steps: 10k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. See help flier.
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
Every 5 days in a row = +100 Points
Wednesday Go the Extra Mile Day = +25 Points!
Earn +25 point bonus for one of the following. Manual entries do not count for this bonus.
• 3 miles walking/running
• 60 minutes active time
• 7.5 miles biking
• 1000 meters swimming
• 60 minutes at the gym (Must check in twice. Check ins must be separated by 60 minutes)
*Go the extra mile bonuses supported only by distance or time tracked on a connected app or device.
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all.