Virtual Overnight Experience
Activity Tracking Challenge: June 1-June 25, 2020
Event Program: June 20, 2020 and June 21, 2020
Social Media Activations: June 1-June 25, 2020
Thank you for joining us for the Virtual Overnight Experience Wellness Challenge. If you are not signed up for the Virtual Overnight Experience yet, register today to be up to date on activity challenge updates.
If you have any questions about the Virtual Overnight Experience, please contact the Overnight Walker Coaches today! The Overnight Staff can be reached at Coaches@TheOvernight.org or 888-843-6837.
One of the top most important parts of The Overnight for our participants is walking 16+ miles or taking action for our important cause. This is why we decided to introduce you to Kilter Rewards for you to track your actions throughout the month of June. From June 1- June 25, use the Kilter Rewards app to take action for suicide prevention.
Why 25 days?
Since this June's Overnight Walk would have been our 25th Overnight, we encourage your minutes and/or miles to be 25 or using the numbers 2 and 5. Examples: walk or run 2 miles a day, take a 25 minute wellness break, or practice yoga for 50 minutes.
Please note: Your safety is our top priority and we strongly discourage anyone from walking at night (from sunset to sunrise), or during the day, without the route support offered at The Overnight. We also encourage you to avoid walking in groups and to follow city guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- We will send out a designated email with information on joining the Virtual Overnight Experience event in the Kilter Rewards app on Friday, May 22. We will also update this section of this page.
- We will share information on how to manually enter your activities, so you can keep track of, and get credit for, your physical and mindful activities.
- Note: The app only registers activities that are 30+ minutes. For activities less than 30 minutes, we recommend entering the timing into the name of your activity, and then saying it was 30 minutes in duration so it populates in the app.
- This event will run from June 1, 2020 - June 25, 2020.
- You will want to post your daily activities to social media with the hashtag #OvernightAction so everyone in our community can follow along with each other. Comment messages of hope and support on each other's posts!
Activities can include:
- Walking, running, bike rides
- Self-care activities like yoga, reading, writing, coloring
- Receiving $25 in donations every day for 25 days
- Mindful minutes including meditation, stretching, reflecting
- Having a #RealConvo a day
HOW TO JOIN:
1) REGISTER AT THEOVERNIGHT.ORG
2) DOWNLOAD THE KILTER REWARDS APP
3) CHOOSE JOIN EVENT
4) CHOOSE THE AFSP VIRTUAL OVERNIGHT EXPERIENCE WELLNESS CHALLENGE
5) YOU'RE IN!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
During the event, complete daily wellness and/or self-care activities to earn points for your personal score on the live event leaderboard (see Rules tab for info on what activities count).
HOW TO TRACK ACTIVITIES:
1) Connected Apps & Devices - visit your Profile and go to Connected Devices. Use Apple Health, Fitbit, Garmin, Strava, or UnderArmour Record (MapMyRun) to seamlessly track your daily activities!
2) Manually Record Activities - click the (+) icon from your dashboard to open the Manual Entry form. Enter your activity of 30+ minutes within 48 hours of completing your activity to earn points. See here for more info.
- Earn points for having a real conversation with someone every week!
ADDITIONAL DONATION OPPORTUNITIES!
Feeling the AFSP love? Click on the charity card on the leaderboard for an option to make your own contribution or log in to donate here. Every dollar counts! Kilter Rewards will send 100% of your donation to AFSP.
Event Start Date: Monday, June 1, 2020
Event End Date: Saturday, June 25, 2020
Special Thanks to Virtual Overnight Experience Sponsors!
What daily wellness activities contribute points?
- Activity: 30+ Minutes
- Run/Walk: 2+ Miles
- Swimming: 500+ Meters
- Biking: 5+ Miles
- Steps: 4.5k+ Steps
- Manual Entries: Record your activity within 48 hours to receive credit. Must be at least 30 minutes. Use the manual entry form to enter your self-care activities and your Real Conversations! Use the OTHER option for your conversations and enter a description like "I had a 30 minute phone call with Joe Smith."
100 points per activity
*limit one activity per day
2 day streak: 25 points
4 day streak: 50 points
7 day streak: 100 points
15 day streak: 200 points
Have Real Conversations
Record your phone conversations with other humans during this event to earn points!
HOW TO RECORD YOUR CONVERSATION
- From your Dashboard, click the (+) icon and choose Manual Entry
- Choose OTHER
- Enter a description like "I had a 30 minute phone call with Joe Smith."
- Please enter a duration of 30 MINUTES to earn points (even if your conversation isn't 30 minutes).
*We value all feedback on our scoring system and are constantly working on ways to introduce more ways to earn points, while remaining in line with our mission to keep our events inclusive for all. Please share feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.